85. Easter Sunday

MD and the 10 Years Service award receipients
Well, the company dinner last nite (Saturday nite) ended surprisingly early. We were home by 1145pm!!!! Everyone was surprised. Oh well, Seng and Wee wasn't satisfied, so we decided to head downtown to Soho. Actually it was my idea :P
So head down to Soho we did and met up with my friend. For the first time, Wee actually couldn't finish his pint of guiness. :D Some of the usual guys was there as well. But we mostly end up playing pool and dart and foosball. Seng is the best foosball player among the 3 of us, but unfortunately my friend was even better and Seng got his ass kicked :P he was bitter and demanded a rematch when he's more sober. Oh! i kicked both Seng and Wee's ass at pool (but mostly coz they're drunk and couldn't even cue straight). heh heh heh. I also scored 2 consecutive bull's eye at dart. I'm invincible. Not gonna play foosball with my friend though :P
And that was that, the nite finally ended at 3:30am
Woke up at 8am when Penny called. She reminded me that church starts in 1hr 30mins. Plenty of time, i'll take a nap :P i woke up 1 hr and 30mins later and realised i should've been in church by now. heh heh heh. I jumped out of bed and got ready. Took the normal way thru batu lancang road, but alas, it's cheng beng season. So it was badly congested. Made a U turn and head back using the main road. Guess i'm not the only "smart" one, so there was another jam on the main road coz everyone that could do a u turn did :P back to square 1. Finally arrive in church an hour late. Asked the pastor's wife calmly,"isn't service at 10:30am?" :) she wasn't very amused. especially since her sister called me and reminded me it's at 9:30am. heh heh heh.

Pastor Edward and posse in action :P
Service went well, the play and the message was intergrated well. After Service there was this member's meeting. I was invited to join for the fun of it. I wasn't too sure what to expect. Turned out it was an AGM because this church is officially registered as a "club" and all they're required to have AGMs and all the accounts needs to be audited, bla bla bla. I was curious why they want to go thru all the trouble. The pastor explained to me that it's because of accountability and such. I understand.

Shot of the RGBC's "Prospectus"
So that was church. Rather interesting Easter.
Went back and got ready for basketball game in the afternoon. Was ready to go when Wee called to confirm the numbers attending. It seems that I am not as lazy as i thot. Everyone has a lame excuse why they can't make it except for 5 of us. So we obviously can't play basketball, so Wee decided to play tennis instead. I can't play tennis for nuts. So i better go do something i'm good at. I crawled into bed and slept.
Chong and Yew Peng called, they wanted to see Nicholas' wife and baby at the confinement center in Paya Terubong. Met up with them half way and they wanted to go makan first. So Yew Peng took us to this seafood place. On the way there Nicholas met with a minor accident. The food was good. Met my high school science teacher. Amazingly after more than 10yrs, he still looks the same. Mr Lim Zong Hong a.k.a Zorro. :) Anyway, after that Zakri called and said he's on the way to Penang. Wanted to meet up. The rest wasn't too enthutiastic, so left Jack & I. We met up with him at Segafredo, Gurney Plaza. Got news that a friend of mine just lost her grand father. Hmmm, another death. This is happening too often. A sign that i'm getting older i guess.
Since I had my sleep in the afternoon, i'm rather awake. so will just buzz around until Mr Sandman calls. by the time i actually answer that call, i think it was abt 5am d.
______________________________
My Random Thots:
It's amazing that there are so many people in the church sanctuary and all have different experiences based on their beliefs. Some are totally swept away with worship, while others are busy feeding their baby and yet others are just observing people. :P

MD and the 10 Years Service award receipients
Well, the company dinner last nite (Saturday nite) ended surprisingly early. We were home by 1145pm!!!! Everyone was surprised. Oh well, Seng and Wee wasn't satisfied, so we decided to head downtown to Soho. Actually it was my idea :P
So head down to Soho we did and met up with my friend. For the first time, Wee actually couldn't finish his pint of guiness. :D Some of the usual guys was there as well. But we mostly end up playing pool and dart and foosball. Seng is the best foosball player among the 3 of us, but unfortunately my friend was even better and Seng got his ass kicked :P he was bitter and demanded a rematch when he's more sober. Oh! i kicked both Seng and Wee's ass at pool (but mostly coz they're drunk and couldn't even cue straight). heh heh heh. I also scored 2 consecutive bull's eye at dart. I'm invincible. Not gonna play foosball with my friend though :P
And that was that, the nite finally ended at 3:30am
Woke up at 8am when Penny called. She reminded me that church starts in 1hr 30mins. Plenty of time, i'll take a nap :P i woke up 1 hr and 30mins later and realised i should've been in church by now. heh heh heh. I jumped out of bed and got ready. Took the normal way thru batu lancang road, but alas, it's cheng beng season. So it was badly congested. Made a U turn and head back using the main road. Guess i'm not the only "smart" one, so there was another jam on the main road coz everyone that could do a u turn did :P back to square 1. Finally arrive in church an hour late. Asked the pastor's wife calmly,"isn't service at 10:30am?" :) she wasn't very amused. especially since her sister called me and reminded me it's at 9:30am. heh heh heh.

Pastor Edward and posse in action :P
Service went well, the play and the message was intergrated well. After Service there was this member's meeting. I was invited to join for the fun of it. I wasn't too sure what to expect. Turned out it was an AGM because this church is officially registered as a "club" and all they're required to have AGMs and all the accounts needs to be audited, bla bla bla. I was curious why they want to go thru all the trouble. The pastor explained to me that it's because of accountability and such. I understand.

Shot of the RGBC's "Prospectus"
So that was church. Rather interesting Easter.
Went back and got ready for basketball game in the afternoon. Was ready to go when Wee called to confirm the numbers attending. It seems that I am not as lazy as i thot. Everyone has a lame excuse why they can't make it except for 5 of us. So we obviously can't play basketball, so Wee decided to play tennis instead. I can't play tennis for nuts. So i better go do something i'm good at. I crawled into bed and slept.
Chong and Yew Peng called, they wanted to see Nicholas' wife and baby at the confinement center in Paya Terubong. Met up with them half way and they wanted to go makan first. So Yew Peng took us to this seafood place. On the way there Nicholas met with a minor accident. The food was good. Met my high school science teacher. Amazingly after more than 10yrs, he still looks the same. Mr Lim Zong Hong a.k.a Zorro. :) Anyway, after that Zakri called and said he's on the way to Penang. Wanted to meet up. The rest wasn't too enthutiastic, so left Jack & I. We met up with him at Segafredo, Gurney Plaza. Got news that a friend of mine just lost her grand father. Hmmm, another death. This is happening too often. A sign that i'm getting older i guess.
Since I had my sleep in the afternoon, i'm rather awake. so will just buzz around until Mr Sandman calls. by the time i actually answer that call, i think it was abt 5am d.
______________________________
My Random Thots:
It's amazing that there are so many people in the church sanctuary and all have different experiences based on their beliefs. Some are totally swept away with worship, while others are busy feeding their baby and yet others are just observing people. :P
No comments:
Post a Comment