244. Pix from Pulau Perhentian
............CONTINUED FROM BLOG ENTRY #242
Had a great 4 days and 3 nites at the Island. Wish I had more time there. Because we're the only guests left on the island, all the staff really took good care of us.
On the way from KL, I had to chat with the dive instructor to keep him awake. :) Was nice chatting with him and finding out more about the life of a diving instructor. About how he travels to Thailand, Bali and Sipadan Island in the monsoon season. He really enjoys it. A carefree life doing what he loves.
Anyway, the Bubbles Resort at turtle beach creek is a really quiet secluded resort. Just what I needed. A quiet diving getaway.
Being nice to the diving instructor has it's priviledges. He decided to give us 2 free dives and 2 free snorkelings. He was gonna throw in a nite snorkeling too, but, it rained on the last nite. But he said he'll make up for it the next time we go. What a salesman.
Basically we saw everything I wanted to see. I saw Nemo playing in it's home, 3 black tip sharks (including one that's 2+ meters long), 2 huge Green turtles, a baby hawksbill turtle and a Stingray. Of course we saw other marine life too including a cute little yellow box fish.
We also took some underwater shots. Hopefully my dive instructor gets the uploaded soon. Can't wait to see how that turns out.
All good things must come to an end. Made a couple of new friends during the trip. The instructor for one, will be coming to Penang for White Water Rafting. So we'll probably meet up when he comes. As for the other friends, we're supposedly planning another diving trip. If they're leaving the planning to me, guess we'll not see each other for a while :D
Glad that I actually went. Was a tad reluctant to go initially becoz it's the monsoon season and all. It was an amazing experience. I also managed to get started on Carl Sagen's Demon Haunted World.
............CONTINUED FROM BLOG ENTRY #242
Had a great 4 days and 3 nites at the Island. Wish I had more time there. Because we're the only guests left on the island, all the staff really took good care of us.
On the way from KL, I had to chat with the dive instructor to keep him awake. :) Was nice chatting with him and finding out more about the life of a diving instructor. About how he travels to Thailand, Bali and Sipadan Island in the monsoon season. He really enjoys it. A carefree life doing what he loves.
Anyway, the Bubbles Resort at turtle beach creek is a really quiet secluded resort. Just what I needed. A quiet diving getaway.
Being nice to the diving instructor has it's priviledges. He decided to give us 2 free dives and 2 free snorkelings. He was gonna throw in a nite snorkeling too, but, it rained on the last nite. But he said he'll make up for it the next time we go. What a salesman.
Basically we saw everything I wanted to see. I saw Nemo playing in it's home, 3 black tip sharks (including one that's 2+ meters long), 2 huge Green turtles, a baby hawksbill turtle and a Stingray. Of course we saw other marine life too including a cute little yellow box fish.
We also took some underwater shots. Hopefully my dive instructor gets the uploaded soon. Can't wait to see how that turns out.
All good things must come to an end. Made a couple of new friends during the trip. The instructor for one, will be coming to Penang for White Water Rafting. So we'll probably meet up when he comes. As for the other friends, we're supposedly planning another diving trip. If they're leaving the planning to me, guess we'll not see each other for a while :D
Glad that I actually went. Was a tad reluctant to go initially becoz it's the monsoon season and all. It was an amazing experience. I also managed to get started on Carl Sagen's Demon Haunted World.

On the way from Kuala Besut Jetty to Pulau Perhentian

The view from the beach of the boat leaving

The beach from the resort (note the hammock on the right, spent quite a bit of time there)

Another shot of the beach, you can actually see the sea bed

The float reads "Diver Below" :)

Me in front of the Dive shop (the topless guy is my instructor)


My tan line


My diver pendant and my temporary card :)


Shots taken from the plane on the way back to Penang from KL
The following pics are taken by my instructor, next time, I'll hopefully be able to bring my own camera underwater

Batman in the water


Help!!! I'm being chased by a school of Barracudas


Me chasing da fishes


Peekaboo, I see u! Checking out the coral formations



Cute little Box fish

More of the cute little fella
2 comments:
cool pictures, dude. looks like you had loads of fun.
Thanks Bob, i'm really glad i went. I always thot that going elsewhere to relax was an excuse. Relaxation is a state of mind. Guess I was mildly wrong :) The environment does help.
Post a Comment