WH's Domain

Life's a journey....................Enjoy the RIDE!

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

214. MERDEKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Being the patriot that I am, I really enjoyed our independence day celebreations. Had a blast. OK, OK, I jest, I liked it coz it's a public holiday. :)

Met up with the guys at Flame Crystal Point for dinner. Anthony is back after 2 months on his tour of duty. He'll be back for a short 2 weeks only. After dinner, we adjourned to Grand bay to celebrate independence day! Charles had food and decors and a "formal" countdown planned. Basically stayed till about 2ish and then went for Char Kuey Teow near Sunshine Square. Glad tomorrow is a public holiday.


This be the boss of Grand Bay, Charles aka "Kwong Tau Wong"


My attempt at art


Our resident glass blower! Remember! This has to be done while the glass is still hot


I jest! It's just our friend downing a whole yard!

________________________________

My Random Thot:

Our Nation's independence day celebrations is more like a day celebrating the youth's independence more than anything else. Everywhere I turn, I see youths with their bikes acting like hooligans. Racing and doing wheelies. Gosh, I guess one day every year, their parents let them roam the earth like the hungry ghosts. Gosh, even little kids with their BMXs are out at 2am. Sheesh.

No comments: