WH's Domain

Life's a journey....................Enjoy the RIDE!

Friday, August 19, 2005

206. Nite of spirits (and I dun mean alcohol)


These are pix of peace offerings made to spirits that's roaming freely on earth. The Chinese believe that today is the day that the gates of hell are fully open. The spirits are let out beginning of the 7th month of the Lunar calendar for one whole month (The month of the hungry ghost). But on the 15th day of the 7th month, it's the "official" opening, where ALL spirits are release. Free to roam the earth. I'll refrain from sharing the sightings in Fen's office. :) Creepy!


Seng, Me, Edmund, Jee Ming and Wee

Tomorrow (19th Aug) is Jee Ming's birthday, so we're at Soho tonite to celebrate! It was a rather quiet nite. Odd, only a few people at Soho. Literally! Wonder if it has anything to do with it being the 15th day? ;) Oh well, we had a good time. Bought a Black Forrest cake from cold storage?? on Burmah Road. It was nice. I basically just sat by myself before they brought out the cake. Needed some solitude. Had a lot on my mind. What am I gonna do with my life? where am I headed with work? I took my mind off my flooded room. :)

Fen saw me by myself and came over to join me. It's nice of her :) She had some good advice to impart to this little brother in law of hers. I'm really blessed to be surrounded by such a loving family. I sometimes feel that I don't deserve to be so loved (seriously!). Is this a gift from God? Hard to figure out. I have more pressing matters to resolve. Time, tide and diorrhea waits for no man. I need to get a move on.

Received 2 surprising SMS. One from Darshen inviting me to his wedding and another from Hui Ling informing me that she has recently been transfered to Penang. Wow! Both good friends from college days! We have so much to catch up on. This is the advantage of keeping the same mobile number since day one. You get surprising sms or calls :)

No comments: