487. Valentine's Day
Ahhhhh, love is in the air! All the love struck zombies will be running amok. And the poor guys out there will be trying to get their paws on a bunch of flowers, a box of chocolate or maybe even diamonds to give to their sweethearts who's expecting nothing less. Anything less & u shall be sent to the dog house. No hugs, no kisses and u can forget about anything south of that. Heh heh.
Being the romantic person that I am, I prefer to buy my sweetheart roses, chocolates and have candlelight dinners all year round. It shouldn't be limited to 1 day! Therefore, since on the 14th, restaurants are crowded & flowers are 10 times their normal retail price, I'm sure my sweetheart would understand why I don't celebrate Valentine's Day. It's just too damn comercialized. :D Gosh, I wonder if that'll fly. :D
Well, if that doesn't fly, I'll use the "I'm a very devote Christian" way out. If one researches the roots of Valentine's Day, one will find that it actually began back in the days of the Roman Empire. Back then, 14th of Feb was known as "The Day of the Wolf". To cut it short, basically it's a day of unbridled sexual lust. :) So even today, in God’s eyes, it is still “Lupercalia”, the “Day Of The Wolf.” Men become wolves, as they carry on the Satanic rituals of fornication, which means sexual intercourse without marriage. We have heard of the “wolf whistle”, and we all know that wolves do not whistle. It is lustful men and women, who carry on Satan’s blasphemy to this very day. Therefore, as a true Christian, I choose not to be associated with such Pagan practices. :D
Are these valid "reasons"?? Hell ya! Will they get you love and affection? Well, you might get away with it if u're dating a guy or a very faithful follower of Christ. Notice I said,"You MIGHT get away with it." But that's rarely the case. :)
The REAL History of Valentine's Day - Not the crap in the email that ppl send around or the one which I used as an excuse :)
Ahhhhh, love is in the air! All the love struck zombies will be running amok. And the poor guys out there will be trying to get their paws on a bunch of flowers, a box of chocolate or maybe even diamonds to give to their sweethearts who's expecting nothing less. Anything less & u shall be sent to the dog house. No hugs, no kisses and u can forget about anything south of that. Heh heh.
Being the romantic person that I am, I prefer to buy my sweetheart roses, chocolates and have candlelight dinners all year round. It shouldn't be limited to 1 day! Therefore, since on the 14th, restaurants are crowded & flowers are 10 times their normal retail price, I'm sure my sweetheart would understand why I don't celebrate Valentine's Day. It's just too damn comercialized. :D Gosh, I wonder if that'll fly. :D
Well, if that doesn't fly, I'll use the "I'm a very devote Christian" way out. If one researches the roots of Valentine's Day, one will find that it actually began back in the days of the Roman Empire. Back then, 14th of Feb was known as "The Day of the Wolf". To cut it short, basically it's a day of unbridled sexual lust. :) So even today, in God’s eyes, it is still “Lupercalia”, the “Day Of The Wolf.” Men become wolves, as they carry on the Satanic rituals of fornication, which means sexual intercourse without marriage. We have heard of the “wolf whistle”, and we all know that wolves do not whistle. It is lustful men and women, who carry on Satan’s blasphemy to this very day. Therefore, as a true Christian, I choose not to be associated with such Pagan practices. :D
Are these valid "reasons"?? Hell ya! Will they get you love and affection? Well, you might get away with it if u're dating a guy or a very faithful follower of Christ. Notice I said,"You MIGHT get away with it." But that's rarely the case. :)
The REAL History of Valentine's Day - Not the crap in the email that ppl send around or the one which I used as an excuse :)
No comments:
Post a Comment