335. Doris' wedding
So we actually managed to wake up early in the morning despite sleeping late last nite. Lena picked both Chuwy and I up from Kit's place at 9:30am. We wanted to have breakfast and since Doris' wedding is at 1:30pm, we have some time so Chuwy suggested we have breakfast at Ikea so that he can do his shopping too. So off we went to Ikea.
Turns out they had a crazy sale that weekend. Surprisingly there wasn't that many people there. I thot the store would've been packed by bargain hunters! But much to my surprise, the mob ain't no where to be seen. :) lovely.
While Chu Wai picks out stuff for Sophia and Sean, inspiration hits :P perhaps I should get something for my niece and nephew too. So I went crazy buying stuff. Got a bunch of soft toys and a tent :D heh heh. The thing that I really liked was the rat. Wasn't sure if Fen or Raine would allow their child to play with it though. Well, I figured if they didn't let them play with it, I'll gladly, errr, i mean I'll have no choice but to keep it for myself. ;)
Went for breakfast at the Ikea cafe. No surprises there, meatballs! :)
After shopping at Ikea, we had sometime left, so we headed over to The Curve because Lena wanted to get some clothes from G2000.
She was dissapointed that they didn't have what she wanted. Me on the other hand, decided to buy some work clothes since they have 50% off sale and the shirts cost only RM40 after discount. Then of course came the fashion police. Both Lena and Chuwy reckon I should try something different. Of course them "different" things aren't at the bargain bins :P In the end, bought 3 "kinky" shirts and a "safe" work shirt. I think the buy 2 free 1 deal is a pretty good deal.
So we actually managed to wake up early in the morning despite sleeping late last nite. Lena picked both Chuwy and I up from Kit's place at 9:30am. We wanted to have breakfast and since Doris' wedding is at 1:30pm, we have some time so Chuwy suggested we have breakfast at Ikea so that he can do his shopping too. So off we went to Ikea.
Turns out they had a crazy sale that weekend. Surprisingly there wasn't that many people there. I thot the store would've been packed by bargain hunters! But much to my surprise, the mob ain't no where to be seen. :) lovely.
While Chu Wai picks out stuff for Sophia and Sean, inspiration hits :P perhaps I should get something for my niece and nephew too. So I went crazy buying stuff. Got a bunch of soft toys and a tent :D heh heh. The thing that I really liked was the rat. Wasn't sure if Fen or Raine would allow their child to play with it though. Well, I figured if they didn't let them play with it, I'll gladly, errr, i mean I'll have no choice but to keep it for myself. ;)
Went for breakfast at the Ikea cafe. No surprises there, meatballs! :)
After shopping at Ikea, we had sometime left, so we headed over to The Curve because Lena wanted to get some clothes from G2000.
She was dissapointed that they didn't have what she wanted. Me on the other hand, decided to buy some work clothes since they have 50% off sale and the shirts cost only RM40 after discount. Then of course came the fashion police. Both Lena and Chuwy reckon I should try something different. Of course them "different" things aren't at the bargain bins :P In the end, bought 3 "kinky" shirts and a "safe" work shirt. I think the buy 2 free 1 deal is a pretty good deal.
Leuk picked us up from The Curve and we headed to Doris's wedding ceremony in Sg Way Christian Center. The highlight of the whole wedding was when the pastor said you may kiss the bride. :) Doris being a tad shy, when Henry leaned over to kiss her, she actually stepped back a bit :D that was quite amusing. :) We took photographs later and we left after that.
When we reached Kit's house, we were suppose to take a nap and get ready for tonite's dinner. Chuwy will have none of that of course :) So we went over to The Attria for a stroll. I ended up buying some magazines at a Times Bookshop sales and the Cambridge Dictionary for Wee since I told him I'll get him one.
After we were done with that, we went back to Kit's place. We waited for Kit to come back from his youth meeting in church.
We headed out to the Bukit Jalil Country Club for Doris' wedding dinner. It was nice to catch up with all the old collegemates. The wedding went well......until the video presentation. The title starts off Henry & Jane! Errrr, am I in the wrong wedding dinner????? Thank goodness the rest of the slides correctly says Henry & Doris. It's also Henry's b'day today, so their wedding cake doubles as his b'day cake.
After we were done with that, we went back to Kit's place. We waited for Kit to come back from his youth meeting in church.
We headed out to the Bukit Jalil Country Club for Doris' wedding dinner. It was nice to catch up with all the old collegemates. The wedding went well......until the video presentation. The title starts off Henry & Jane! Errrr, am I in the wrong wedding dinner????? Thank goodness the rest of the slides correctly says Henry & Doris. It's also Henry's b'day today, so their wedding cake doubles as his b'day cake.
Ran into Sook Yee at dinner. Gosh, haven't seen her in 6yrs or so. What a small world.
After the dinner, we adjourned to The Coffee Bean at Bangsar Shopping Complex for coffee & tea. Surprisingly the Coffee Bean in such a happenning place closes at 12midnite on a weekend. After coffee, Chuwy and I went for a drive around Bangsar and finally adjourned back to Kit's place.
I was still restless and decided to take it easy and read my book before going to sleep. Chuwy chose the more drastic route of playing a few rounds of "Metal Slug" on my notebook before he turns the lights out.
What a day!
After the dinner, we adjourned to The Coffee Bean at Bangsar Shopping Complex for coffee & tea. Surprisingly the Coffee Bean in such a happenning place closes at 12midnite on a weekend. After coffee, Chuwy and I went for a drive around Bangsar and finally adjourned back to Kit's place.
I was still restless and decided to take it easy and read my book before going to sleep. Chuwy chose the more drastic route of playing a few rounds of "Metal Slug" on my notebook before he turns the lights out.
What a day!












4 comments:
Your shirts look like pyjama shirts... wear colors, young man!
That was my first thot too, but after trying them on, they didn't seem too pyjama-ish. So decided to keep them. Besides, them stripes are suppose to hide me bulk :P What colors would be good?
PS: And who's fault is it that someone can't come back this year to help me pick out them colors, huh? :P
Correction - Chuwy and myself wanted to have breakfast at La Bodega, but someone else suggested Ikea! you are right about breakfast at 9.30am but who only got ready at 10.30am? i wonder...i should have slept for extra one hour, u know?
That's not true! We didn't have time and Chuwy suggested Ikea after some "discussion". I'm innocent I tell u :) It was the one armed man! :D
I got ready at 10:30am?? Chuwy didn't wake me up. Again, it wasn't me! It was the one armed man! Heh heh.
Post a Comment