WH's Domain

Life's a journey....................Enjoy the RIDE!

Thursday, February 23, 2006

333. Ixus i-zoom

I went over to Gurney Plaza to collect my Ixus 50, to my surprise, they gave me an Ixus i-zoom! Their excuse was that Canon replaces as they wish and this time it's the Ixus i-zoom. I'm really in no mood to argue. I had to rush to send some important emails to my customers. After making sure the i-zoom have the functions (especially the long shutter mode) that I was looking for, I left. I'll call up Canon and check on the claim myself.

Well, I think overall, the camera is a bit queer looking. But we'll see how it goes. Haven't really took any photos with it yet. So i'll play around with it a bit more. But the first complain I have is the slow shutter lag. I press the shutter button and after a year or two, it takes a picture. Gosh!

After that, went over to Segafredo in Belissa Row and hung out there for the rest of the evening. Had their steak for the first time. Never had a "proper" meal there before. Wasn't too impressed. It feels like I'm having a big piece of burger :D and instead of buns, they have muffins. Oh well.

The Steak

The more I spend time looking at the specs for the Ixus i-zoom, the more dissapointed I am with it. Sheesh. One thing's for sure, this is the last time I'm going to buy a camera from Lam Loong. Feel like kena con.

My gold color Ixus

2 comments:

Boon said...

Cool... it even comes with a remote control...

WH said...

After playing with the camera and all, I find that the remote control is moot.

I expected the remote to work as a shutter actuator but apparently it only works when the camera is docked in the cradle and is used as a remote control for PLAYBACK only. :O