WH's Domain

Life's a journey....................Enjoy the RIDE!

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

436. The return of my parents.....

...from Hong Kong tonite. So the house will be "alive" again. Gee, this past week have been really quiet. Not to mention the fact that we have no dinner at home. Good thing the laundry service wasn't disrupted. :)

Basically spent last nite vegetating :D Watched the last of my DVDs. Yamato was OK. Guess no one really showed the Japanese point of view. It's pretty tragic. I mean we've been shown how cold & ruthless the Japanese were during WWII, but no one showed their side of the war. Watch it and you'll see how the Japanese too, have suffered. Beware of really bad subtitles though, I spent half the time trying to figure out what was being said. They translate the names literally, so be prepared to get confused at the beginning, until you figure out that "supernatural end" (kameeyong san) is actually someone's name & "great with number" refers to Yamato. Heh heh. Kinda like my name translated literally to English would read something like "Lightning Mild(personality) Proud?(guessing)". :)

Next, I watched Spriggan. I've attempted to watch this a few times before, I fell asleep after 30mins. This time, I approached it differently, I have my trusted "porn" with me, during the "slow" parts, I read the magazine. :) It worked, I finished the movie. But this is one of those animes that I have to force myself to sit thru. Translation? it's not good! The graphics are so so, the storyline is predictable & the conversations are corny. *yawn* I dunno how it got so many rave reviews in US.

And finally, Tokyo Drift. This one I'm having it to accompany me to sleep. Heh heh. I've already watched it in the cinema, so it's just there to keep me feeling warm & fuzzy so that I can sleep. Too bad I didn't get any car dreams though. Ok now I'm done with the DVDs. Time for me to try to finish my mags and books.


Finally after dinner, everyone is home and I actually get to play with Ruyi and Isaac. :)

2 comments:

Wanster said...

i wander if u kno, kno that n tokiyo... wa that tune is irri-ly stucked in my head

WH said...

Yeah, that be a catchy tune. I have the soundtrack if u'd like to have that song laser etched to your memory.

:)