402. Super GT Show @ AutoCity
There's this big annual event at auto city where they have this autoshow to promote the Super GT race (f.k.a Japan GT). There are some really unbelievable cars on display. These are entries for the Super GT car look alike contest. First and foremost, I wonder why they call it Super GT look alike contest, because, every year, the cars that won looks nothing like a super GT car. I've attached a picture of the real Super GT car vs. all the wannabes. This contest should be called Gundam lookalike contest.
OK, I'm a big proponent of "To each their own!" (I'm a recent convert :D), but this is ridiculous. I can't imagine what went thru their minds when they decided to bring their car to a bodyshop and get them to transform their car into Voltron, the defender of the universe. Some of my friends thot the Batmobile was ugly/wierd and after showing them these pictures as comparison, they are silenced.
These people are lucky I don't run a body shop. I'd imagine my conversation with the potential client to be as follows:
Alledged Client: Eh! ah pek ah, lim pek ai lu make my car bodykit keat keat wan.(Sir, I'd like you to custom make a bodykit for me)
Me: How chiu (special) do you wan it to be?
Alledged Client: Nah, like this. The the wing hor, must be that tall (pointing to Komtar - the tallest building in Penang), and hor, the rear diffuser must at least touch the floor, if can go lower than that hor, even better ah. Then har, u must make an extra thing that stick out of the top of my car's roof like in this picture. (shows a picture of the famous japanese anime - Gundam).
Me: But sir, that design looks good on the intergalactic robot, but on your car, it may look a bit out of place, just a bit *snicker, snicker*
Alledged Client: Eh, &*$%#@!**#&! wa si customer hor, wa ai lu cho, lu just cho ok! Wa oo si lui ok! (Eh! How's your mother? I'm the customer, you just do as I say! I have lotsa money ok!
Me: But sir, if I follow the design you want, I'm afraid I'll ruin my reputation! No doubt it'll showcase my skills as a great artist......but I don't want to be known as an artist with bad taste.
Alledged Client: Still got hor, I wan you to make the brake light and signal light stick out about 1 ruler (1 foot) at the back of the car hor!
Me: Sir, did you not hear what I say? I cannot work on your car based on principle!
Alledged Client: Then hor, I wan the exhaust pipe hor, must also stick out 1 ruler length (1 foot) lor!
Me: *Finds a spoon*
Alledged Client: Then, I wan the disco lights......
Me: *Stab my heart with the spoon* (Even a slow and painful death by a spoon is better than having to listen to anymore of this guy's "creative" ideas.
There's this big annual event at auto city where they have this autoshow to promote the Super GT race (f.k.a Japan GT). There are some really unbelievable cars on display. These are entries for the Super GT car look alike contest. First and foremost, I wonder why they call it Super GT look alike contest, because, every year, the cars that won looks nothing like a super GT car. I've attached a picture of the real Super GT car vs. all the wannabes. This contest should be called Gundam lookalike contest.
OK, I'm a big proponent of "To each their own!" (I'm a recent convert :D), but this is ridiculous. I can't imagine what went thru their minds when they decided to bring their car to a bodyshop and get them to transform their car into Voltron, the defender of the universe. Some of my friends thot the Batmobile was ugly/wierd and after showing them these pictures as comparison, they are silenced.
These people are lucky I don't run a body shop. I'd imagine my conversation with the potential client to be as follows:
Alledged Client: Eh! ah pek ah, lim pek ai lu make my car bodykit keat keat wan.(Sir, I'd like you to custom make a bodykit for me)
Me: How chiu (special) do you wan it to be?
Alledged Client: Nah, like this. The the wing hor, must be that tall (pointing to Komtar - the tallest building in Penang), and hor, the rear diffuser must at least touch the floor, if can go lower than that hor, even better ah. Then har, u must make an extra thing that stick out of the top of my car's roof like in this picture. (shows a picture of the famous japanese anime - Gundam).
Me: But sir, that design looks good on the intergalactic robot, but on your car, it may look a bit out of place, just a bit *snicker, snicker*
Alledged Client: Eh, &*$%#@!**#&! wa si customer hor, wa ai lu cho, lu just cho ok! Wa oo si lui ok! (Eh! How's your mother? I'm the customer, you just do as I say! I have lotsa money ok!
Me: But sir, if I follow the design you want, I'm afraid I'll ruin my reputation! No doubt it'll showcase my skills as a great artist......but I don't want to be known as an artist with bad taste.
Alledged Client: Still got hor, I wan you to make the brake light and signal light stick out about 1 ruler (1 foot) at the back of the car hor!
Me: Sir, did you not hear what I say? I cannot work on your car based on principle!
Alledged Client: Then hor, I wan the exhaust pipe hor, must also stick out 1 ruler length (1 foot) lor!
Me: *Finds a spoon*
Alledged Client: Then, I wan the disco lights......
Me: *Stab my heart with the spoon* (Even a slow and painful death by a spoon is better than having to listen to anymore of this guy's "creative" ideas.


Ferrari 355 & Ferrari 360


The REAL SUPER GT CAR (GTR-34) & Porsche GT3


The Gundam cars! Note none of them looks like the GT car it intends to immitate


More Gundam cars!


Hyundai's "gimmicky" scissor door car; Possibly the best effort at the lookalike contest
_________________________
today's THOT "borrowed" from www.mikeysfunnies.com
==============================
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
==============================
==============================
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
==============================
2 comments:
y batmobile not on diplay la? :P would've loved to see it in a 'dress'
God forbid should the Batmobile be subjected to that kinda ridicule :P The cars on display there are so "Flashy & loud" that the batmobile pales in comparison. :)
Post a Comment