WH's Domain

Life's a journey....................Enjoy the RIDE!

Saturday, February 26, 2005

4. A Lesson

Today I met a simple guy who taught me, thru his actions, the meaning of the word Humility. He is basically Humility personified. I mean, one reads about Jesus Christ, Gandhi, Mother Theresa and goodness, even Lassie (it's 3am, cut me some slack). But i guess for me, I need to see, feel and hear the person live to have an impact ;)

Sorry, I'm just wired that way. You can tell me how Gandhi stage a hunger srtike, bla bla bla but if I see an old lady feeding stray dogs, some how that just moves me more.

This guy is probably the most sought after guy in the automotive industry in Japan. Forget what you read in the magazines. This guy is it. I didn't think too much of him actually when I first met him because he's so understated (and I'm too shallow). He seems like an average joe. Nice guy, warm and cheerful (occasionally moody as well ;)). Anyway, what's impressive is his knowledge and his accolades.

I don't want to brag too much about his achievements, but suffice to say, I think he's just about the greatest person (in the automotive industry) that I've met. I'm not sure I can think of anyone else that can give me the same satisfaction........oh wait, i lie. There probably is someone else. It'll be him, but he'll be able to converse in English (I have to thank Chong for being so patient to translate everything for us).

I couldn't find one bit about him that suggests his great achievements. Not an iota of arrogance and always happy to share his knowledge.

Amazing.

I wonder if i made sense. It's 3am. I'll proof read this again tomorrow. Now it's time to sleep.

No comments: