620. Star Struck: It's one of those weekends.....
......where the planets, moons and stars are again aligned and everything just falls into place. It starts off on Thursday afternoon where Yippie, Chong, Hooi & I decide to head down to KL for a getaway since Sat is a public holiday. Yippie wanted to check out a few cars he's thinking of getting so we all tagged along. Of course, the reason for me to make the trip was to actually meet Nikki's cousin. Chuang & Nikki invited me for a gala premier of her cousin's movie in Pavillion KL and said she'll even introduce me to her. I figured, sure, why not. Never been to a movie premier before. :) I thought her cousin was probably some extra in the show or something. Only later did I realise her cousin was actually Lin Chi-Ling and the movie is none other than Red Cliff, directed by John Woo! Long story short, the show was actually quite good, and having a drink with Chi-Ling after the show was awesome (with Chuang & Nikki & Yippie too of course).
She's a very friendly and easy going, not what I expected out of someone so famous. No diva attitude and very warm & polite. And to drive the point home, it was her brother's b'day, so she called and sang him a birthday song. Who would've thunk it? Never really care for actors or actresses, but I have to admit, I'm taken in by her personality. A check with Nikki confirms that it's all not a show but she's genuinely like that. Oh, smoked the shisha for the first time. Not significant, but it's a first, so worthy of mention. Anyway, it's very mild, for something that's so aromatic, I'd expect it to taste stronger.
......where the planets, moons and stars are again aligned and everything just falls into place. It starts off on Thursday afternoon where Yippie, Chong, Hooi & I decide to head down to KL for a getaway since Sat is a public holiday. Yippie wanted to check out a few cars he's thinking of getting so we all tagged along. Of course, the reason for me to make the trip was to actually meet Nikki's cousin. Chuang & Nikki invited me for a gala premier of her cousin's movie in Pavillion KL and said she'll even introduce me to her. I figured, sure, why not. Never been to a movie premier before. :) I thought her cousin was probably some extra in the show or something. Only later did I realise her cousin was actually Lin Chi-Ling and the movie is none other than Red Cliff, directed by John Woo! Long story short, the show was actually quite good, and having a drink with Chi-Ling after the show was awesome (with Chuang & Nikki & Yippie too of course).
She's a very friendly and easy going, not what I expected out of someone so famous. No diva attitude and very warm & polite. And to drive the point home, it was her brother's b'day, so she called and sang him a birthday song. Who would've thunk it? Never really care for actors or actresses, but I have to admit, I'm taken in by her personality. A check with Nikki confirms that it's all not a show but she's genuinely like that. Oh, smoked the shisha for the first time. Not significant, but it's a first, so worthy of mention. Anyway, it's very mild, for something that's so aromatic, I'd expect it to taste stronger.
The next day, it's lunch with Chuang, Nikki & family and Chuwy & family......as always, it's Woon Hong, party of 1. :) After lunch it's farewell and back to Penang. But before that we made a stop in Shah Alam to meet up with Tony (and also to oogle @ his new car). Then it's back to Penang. Upon reaching Penang we decided to have dinner and watch Hellboy II: The Golden Army @ QBM. The show was entertaining but just marginally so.
On Sunday, went over to Perai Megamall with Yippie to buy the Sony Playstation 3. Was contemplating to get a Blu Ray disc player anyway, so figured that with the PS3 (which is cheaper than a Blu Ray disc player), I get a Blu Ray player and a gaming console too. There are many other reasons for the decision, but suffice to say that the PS3 is far better than XBox or Wii. Along with the console, bought 2 games, the Gran Turismo 5: prologue and also Time Crisis 4. These 2 will keep me occupied for a while. Seng & Wee also came over to join in the fun. Wee brought Ian as well. Haven't seen him in a week and my he has grown.





















2 comments:
hmm.. i feel so left out & unwanted...
*sob sob*
Why are u feeling left out & unwanted la? U too busy ma, no time for us oso :P
Post a Comment