581. Happy Birthday....
....Juliana! :) Got home just before 6 today and switched on the tele to watch The Simpsons. Just as the idiot box was about to power up, everything else in my room died. Hmmm, silence, haven't heard dat in my room in a while. :) No big deal, I'll just reset the fuse box. When I went downstairs and checked the fuse box, everything was at the on position. Rats! It's a power outage. Crap, guess no Simpsons or work for the rest of the evening.
Headed over to Ocean Green to celebrate Jul's birthday. It was a nice to be out of my stuffy room. The food was good and the company even better. Had an interesting discussion about the "wonderful" state of our country. Subha, How and Wee provided lotsa insight on current events. Dr Mahathir in his book "The Malay Dilemma" said, "What was taken for harmony was absence of open inter-racial strife." He goes on to say, "And absense of strife is not necessarily due to lack of desire or reasons for strife. It is more frequently due to a lack of capacity to bring about open conflict."
As can be seen from the recent demonstrations in the capital, Dr Mahathir really knew the hearts of Malaysians. They say prayers can move mountains, if so, then I pray that May 13th will be just another day in the years to come. That all Malaysians would be more tolerant. Well, if dat don't work, I'll just don my ninja turtle costume and fight the evil tyrants and liberate Malaysia.
Anyway, I digress, back to the celebration of Juliana's birthday! Happy birthday Juls! Thank God the power's back on by the time we got home. According to mom, the power was restored minutes before we got home. Guess prayers do get answered! :D
....Juliana! :) Got home just before 6 today and switched on the tele to watch The Simpsons. Just as the idiot box was about to power up, everything else in my room died. Hmmm, silence, haven't heard dat in my room in a while. :) No big deal, I'll just reset the fuse box. When I went downstairs and checked the fuse box, everything was at the on position. Rats! It's a power outage. Crap, guess no Simpsons or work for the rest of the evening.
Headed over to Ocean Green to celebrate Jul's birthday. It was a nice to be out of my stuffy room. The food was good and the company even better. Had an interesting discussion about the "wonderful" state of our country. Subha, How and Wee provided lotsa insight on current events. Dr Mahathir in his book "The Malay Dilemma" said, "What was taken for harmony was absence of open inter-racial strife." He goes on to say, "And absense of strife is not necessarily due to lack of desire or reasons for strife. It is more frequently due to a lack of capacity to bring about open conflict."
As can be seen from the recent demonstrations in the capital, Dr Mahathir really knew the hearts of Malaysians. They say prayers can move mountains, if so, then I pray that May 13th will be just another day in the years to come. That all Malaysians would be more tolerant. Well, if dat don't work, I'll just don my ninja turtle costume and fight the evil tyrants and liberate Malaysia.
Anyway, I digress, back to the celebration of Juliana's birthday! Happy birthday Juls! Thank God the power's back on by the time we got home. According to mom, the power was restored minutes before we got home. Guess prayers do get answered! :D
Watched Hitman last nite. Set a low expectation and was quite entertained. If nothing else, the show was a showcase of Malaysian censorship talent. Given, the show has a 18PL rating, but I din know dat it means i get to hear all the "F" words and also a glimpse of the lead actress' breasts. Now I'm not refering to the fact dat the lady was scantily clad, i meant dat the lady was naked and they failed to censor dat. :) and I'm very curious wat words the actors and actress used just before the "F" word dat they have to censor it and not the "F" word. :D It was an entertaining show.





No comments:
Post a Comment