WH's Domain

Life's a journey....................Enjoy the RIDE!

Friday, September 02, 2005

216. Black out!

I didn't realise how dependant I am on internet at home. It seems that there's was a problem with Steamyx last nite and it affected (at least from my own "research") my whole resident area. The dumb thing is, I thought it was my dumb PC's wifi card (coz it happened before) until I took out my laptop and realised that even it can't get online. Spent the rest of the nite cleaning the room, watching Rockstar: INXC and catching up on my reading. Suited me just fine.

Today work was nothing to shout about. Was bored, so decided to leave office earlier and accompany Wee and Raine to the hospital for their routine check up (Hey! I was bored ok). They asked if I wanted to go in to the room with them to see the ultra sound scan. I was taken a back by the question yet I was curious to see what ultra sound scan looks like. I could wait until I'm married and accompany my wife, but I'm impatient. So I went with them into the Doctors room.

After the first few lines of conversation between the good doctor and Raine, I realise my mistake but they've already locked the doors and 2 nurses are standing guard at the door (I'm not making this up). The nurses are also blocking the chair I'm seated in so much so that I can't even stand up without rolling over her leg (again, I'm not making this up). Well, after all the milk and position questions, we finally move on to the movie show. It was interesting this ultra sound scan. I could hardly make out anything on the screen while the doctor blabbers away about how his thigh bone is 5cm, his head is how big and he weights 1.1Kg, that's his liver, here's the heart. To me, it was all border line white noise :P OK, that I exaggerated.

That was an experience. Well, at least now I'll be better prepared when it's actually my turn :P It's nice to see them so excited about their new baby. Makes me wonder............

In the evening, went to Soho with Wee. Old church friends are meeting for Sup Kambing at Penang Road. Guess I shall drop by for a while. It was good to see the whole bunch. Brought back memories. Giden paid for all the meal coz it was his b'day treat. :) Too bad I wasn't hungry. After that, went back to meet Wee and finished off the nite at 3am.


Outing with old buddies from church

No comments: